What customers have to say about our Fleece Photo Blankets
October 18, 2013Another Satisfied Fleece Blanket Customer
"I ordered two (2) Fleece Photo Blankets recently as Christmas presents for my nieces.
They came out BEAUTIFULLY.
I had my doubts, especially since the photos I used were not (initially) of the highest resolution, but they came out looking great. Here are a few more observations and tips:
What I ordered:
- Two (2) 60x80 Fleece Photo Blankets with 8 images on each.
- I chose the color black, with a white monogram initial in the center of each.
- Excellent photo fidelity.
- Beautiful vibrant colors.
- Extremely fast turnaround (it took less than a week from the time I placed my order to when they arrived via FedEx!)
- The blankets themselves are fine... but not anything you would buy without the photos on them. The fleece is not the type you normally wear as outerwear, i.e., it has no "tufts", but this is of course so the photos themselves will print better, i.e., they obviously need a flat surface.
- The color you choose is only on the photo side of the blanket. The other side is white.
- If you're worried about photo resolution, here are a few things to know. I literally used a few wallet-sized printed photos, and they came out fine. The trick is to "up" the resolution, either via the scanning process (to make them digital) or via a photo manipulation program like Photoshop Elements (which is what I used). You would think that turning a 300K photo into a 10M photo wouldn't work... but it did. The photos of my nieces turned out very nice indeed when "blanket-sized".
- Of course, photos taken with a digital camera with a decent number of megapixels will already be of high enough resolution, so you'll be good to go.
- When you upload the photos and insert them into the blanket template of your choosing, Shutterfly will let you know if the resolution is big enough. If it's not, there will be a red "X" on the photo.
- BTW, when I came online to write this review, I found out that the same blankets I bought last week were now on sale "
March 3, 2014Wonderful gift item
"Based on reviews I ordered two fleece blankets and hoped for the best. I was delighted to find that the actual product not only met expectations, but met the descriptions of other reviewers. Excellent! Also, they came in about a week! (I did order AFTER a holiday, not before)
The quality of the photos is really wonderful, and some of mine were old prints that I had scanned into my computer, not current digital photos. The color is true, the edges crisp, the placement even. I am really very happy with the results.
The only comment I will echo from other reviewers is that the fleece is not what you think of with regards to a "fleece blanket". It is a very flat surface, not as pliable as a regular fleece blanket. I don't know if it will provide much warmth, but that said...in order to print a clear photo you would have to have a flat surface.
My comment to Shutterfly would be to make the back side of these blankets the same color as the background color selected. Why it must remain white is unclear, but it is not as attractive as it could be.
However, I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone to order this product. It makes a very clever/fun gift when you personalize it with your own photos. I made two with pet pictures for my kids. They are really fun!"
February 26, 2014Fleece Photo Blanket
"I made two blankets as gifts and my cousins loved them!!! Me too!! The pictures were clear and the color quality awesome. (If possible, I would like shutter fly to have the option of keeping the back of the blanket the same color as front (back was white)
Definitely recommend this product, totally satisfied"
December 26, 2013Grannyof6
"Loved the photo blanket. The only thing I did not like was that one of my prints was not the best quality and I wish someone had let me know it was not going to turn out good with this print and let me replace with another. The blanket still looks great from a distance but not quite as good up close. It was not that I did not have any more prints I was just trying to mix it up and have several from different functions."
December 4, 2013WOW.
"I read some reviews, and still was very hesitant. I thought: Fuzzy blanket with high resolution pictures on it? Really?? However, when it arrived, all my worries instantly went away. This blanket is REALLY impressive, and soft, and has a reasonably good weight to it, too! Heavier than I thought it would be for fleece. I would take a picture but I don't want pics of the kids for public-wide view. But they are wonderful pictures, very clear and very lovely!
I cannot WAIT to give this to my parents for Christmas. I chose a selection of Christmas pics of our boys from their first to their tenth. I'm really excited to give this as a gift. I know they will be instantly wow-ed like I was/am.
All that said, I haven't washed it. But the quality of the blanket is so good, I'm not too worried about that either."