What customers have to say about our Fleece Photo Blankets
October 18, 2013Another Satisfied Fleece Blanket Customer
"I ordered two (2) Fleece Photo Blankets recently as Christmas presents for my nieces.
They came out BEAUTIFULLY.
I had my doubts, especially since the photos I used were not (initially) of the highest resolution, but they came out looking great. Here are a few more observations and tips:
What I ordered:
- Two (2) 60x80 Fleece Photo Blankets with 8 images on each.
- I chose the color black, with a white monogram initial in the center of each.
- Excellent photo fidelity.
- Beautiful vibrant colors.
- Extremely fast turnaround (it took less than a week from the time I placed my order to when they arrived via FedEx!)
- The blankets themselves are fine... but not anything you would buy without the photos on them. The fleece is not the type you normally wear as outerwear, i.e., it has no "tufts", but this is of course so the photos themselves will print better, i.e., they obviously need a flat surface.
- The color you choose is only on the photo side of the blanket. The other side is white.
- If you're worried about photo resolution, here are a few things to know. I literally used a few wallet-sized printed photos, and they came out fine. The trick is to "up" the resolution, either via the scanning process (to make them digital) or via a photo manipulation program like Photoshop Elements (which is what I used). You would think that turning a 300K photo into a 10M photo wouldn't work... but it did. The photos of my nieces turned out very nice indeed when "blanket-sized".
- Of course, photos taken with a digital camera with a decent number of megapixels will already be of high enough resolution, so you'll be good to go.
- When you upload the photos and insert them into the blanket template of your choosing, Shutterfly will let you know if the resolution is big enough. If it's not, there will be a red "X" on the photo.
- BTW, when I came online to write this review, I found out that the same blankets I bought last week were now on sale "
March 8, 2014Fleece Photo Blankets
"My wife and I just received 2 different Fleece Photo Blankets on March 7, 2014 and we are VERY pleased with the HIGH quality of both blankets. The picture images are very clear, and carefully centered on the blankets. Our first order with Shutterfly (also a Fleece Photo Blanket) was approx. 1 year ago and it was also EXCELLENT quality. Thank you Shutterfly."
February 14, 2014photo critic
"the resolution on this huge blanket was incredible....it isn't the warmest and fuzziness but for a shock factor when the recipient opens the package is wonderful....what a great gift idea for memories
I can't wait to have another occasion to give one again"
January 29, 2014Photos are crystal clear / blanket is warm
"We customized this blanket with new and old vintage photos -- all photos were very clear and some were even better than the scanned print. One photo which was a little dark and fuzzy actually looked better on the blanket. This material is not the white "fleece" you might be thinking of. It's more of a microfiber type material and feels great. It's not thick, but doesn't need to be -- it's very warm just the same. We bought it for our elderly grandmother who is very cold natured. We washed it first -- no fading or shrinking in the dryer (on low). The blanket color is true to the color sample. It was loved by all -- the perfect gift."
January 2, 2014Photo Fleece Throw
"I was very pleased with the throw I ordered as a gift for my boyfriend. It is not really fleece as I have come to expect but it does have a soft brushed finish to the fabric. It is a good weight for a throw blanket. The photos are clear and colors are vibrant. It is a fun momento for anyone."