What customers have to say about our Fleece Photo Blankets
October 18, 2013
Another Satisfied Fleece Blanket Customer
"I ordered two (2) Fleece Photo Blankets recently as Christmas presents for my nieces.
They came out BEAUTIFULLY.
I had my doubts, especially since the photos I used were not (initially) of the highest resolution, but they came out looking great. Here are a few more observations and tips:
What I ordered:
- Two (2) 60x80 Fleece Photo Blankets with 8 images on each.
- I chose the color black, with a white monogram initial in the center of each.
- Excellent photo fidelity.
- Beautiful vibrant colors.
- Extremely fast turnaround (it took less than a week from the time I placed my order to when they arrived via FedEx!)
- The blankets themselves are fine... but not anything you would buy without the photos on them. The fleece is not the type you normally wear as outerwear, i.e., it has no "tufts", but this is of course so the photos themselves will print better, i.e., they obviously need a flat surface.
- The color you choose is only on the photo side of the blanket. The other side is white.
- If you're worried about photo resolution, here are a few things to know. I literally used a few wallet-sized printed photos, and they came out fine. The trick is to "up" the resolution, either via the scanning process (to make them digital) or via a photo manipulation program like Photoshop Elements (which is what I used). You would think that turning a 300K photo into a 10M photo wouldn't work... but it did. The photos of my nieces turned out very nice indeed when "blanket-sized".
- Of course, photos taken with a digital camera with a decent number of megapixels will already be of high enough resolution, so you'll be good to go.
- When you upload the photos and insert them into the blanket template of your choosing, Shutterfly will let you know if the resolution is big enough. If it's not, there will be a red "X" on the photo.
- BTW, when I came online to write this review, I found out that the same blankets I bought last week were now on sale "
March 8, 2014
Fleece Photo Blankets
"My wife and I just received 2 different Fleece Photo Blankets on March 7, 2014 and we are VERY pleased with the HIGH quality of both blankets. The picture images are very clear, and carefully centered on the blankets. Our first order with Shutterfly (also a Fleece Photo Blanket) was approx. 1 year ago and it was also EXCELLENT quality. Thank you Shutterfly."
May 8, 2015
"What an experience!!! Ordered 23 over the Christmas and now another two. I am amazed to see best color and picture quality on material. Love It"
March 24, 2014
"I ordered one for my dad's birthday. Got it super quick (just reg shipping...no express). The blanket is amazing. Pics turned out very nice and clear. I am so happy and so anxious to give it to him. Awesome job, Shutterfly!!!!"
November 22, 2013
Fleece Photo Blanket
"I bought this blanket for my Grandma for Christmas. I used pictures that I printed off Facebook and re-scanned into my computer. This was the best way to keep the resolution good. I must say I am so happy with the way it turned out. It shipped super quick and the blanket looks amazing. I am considering making one for myself. This will definitely make the perfect gift."
About: Fleece Photo Blankets
Cozy up to your favorite memories with a Fleece Photo Blanket featuring from one to eight photos. Photos appear clear and bright, and you can choose a fun background color to make them pop. Fleece Photo Blankets are the perfect accompaniment for the bed or sofa, or as a picnic blanket. Plus, they make great gifts. You might also like our Photo Quilts.