New Year’s Eve Party ChecklistIn order to avoid stress and save some time, there are a few items to keep in mind when mapping out your party theme. Everything from choosing a concept and setting a budget, to finding those unforgettable New Year’s Eve party invitations can be found below.
- Choose a New Year’s Eve party theme that you feel excited about. Make sure you absolutely love the theme you’re choosing since you’ll be the host or hostess. Being enthusiastic about your theme will drastically increase the party in your planning.
- Decide who you want to invite. Write down who you’d like to invite so you can get an idea of the size of your party, along with how many invites you’ll need to order. This tip will keep you organized and on track with what you’ll need to buy for your party down the road.
- Choose a space to host your party and accommodate your guests. Now that you’ve got your mind made up on a theme and you have a guest list set, you can decide if you want to host your party at home or at a venue. If you’re looking for a more intimate party with family and friends, opt for a celebration at home so you can save money. If you’re hosting more than 50 guests, you should look into affordable venues that are local and easy to access.
- Send party invitations three weeks in advance. Choose New Year’s Eve party invitations that match your theme and send them early so guests can RSVP during the busy holiday season. Don’t forget to include pertinent information or details about themed dress codes or costume requirements on your invites. Consider a similar card style to your New Years cards for consistency.
- Find themed decorations that are unique to your party style. Since New Year’s Eve parties are all about making your theme as entertaining as possible, you should begin looking for themed decorations and planning out DIY projects in early December. Choose bunting banners, vinyl banners and yard signs to decorate for the perfect NYE party.
- Decide on a budget for food and drinks. Now that you’ve got your theme, guest list, and invitations squared away, you can set a budget that covers all your party needs and wants. Since this is New Year’s Eve, you’ll want to offer a nice selection of drinks and serve foods that are easy to eat. Be sure to stock up on drinkware like stemless wine glasses too.
- Host games or activities that are entertaining or fulfilling. Don’t forget to host 1-2 games or activities that keep your guests in good spirits. Whether you’re looking to have attendees guess each others’ New Year’s resolutions or play a game of Crazy Eights with playing cards, games are always a win at any party. We all love a memorable shot from an incredible night with friends – check out our selfie frames for the big night!