The holiday season is a time of year that’s filled with generosity and thoughtfulness. You and your loved ones will exchange Christmas cards, unique gifts, and attend holiday parties. After the busy holiday season is over, the perfect way to show your appreciation for friends and family is to send personalized thank you Christmas cards.
If you’re ready to start working on your Christmas thank you cards, below are helpful tips on how to put together thoughtful cards for your friends, family members, and colleagues. Whether you’re looking for card themes or thank you card messages, we’ll walk you through creating beautiful online Christmas cards the people on your list will adore.
When choosing a thank you card, browse online Christmas cards for inspiration. You can choose to include a family photo on your Christmas cards, or you can go for holiday-themed illustrations. Remember to include a personalized message with a card theme that fits the message and overall style.
When you’re making your holiday cards, the first thing you’ll want to do is gather all the materials you’ll need. This includes everything from friends and family members’ addresses to personalized address labels to stamps.
Here are all the items you’ll need to create your Christmas gift thank you cards:
- Family photos if you’re creating a Christmas photo card
- Holiday stationery
In your Christmas card, be sure to include a short, personal message. Whether you’re sending an online Christmas card or a holiday card through the mail, your friends and family members will love to receive a heartfelt card.
Here are some tips for how to word your Christmas cards:
- Include a holiday-themed message.
- Keep it short and sweet.
- Include brief detail about the highlights of your year.
- For close friends and family members, discuss one of your favorite things you did together during the year.
- Consider including one of your favorite Christmas quotes.
- Include a closing line wishing them happy holidays.
One way to make your loved ones feel special is by including a personalized message in your thank you cards. In your message, be sure to include specific details about what you’re thanking the recipient for.
If you’re unsure where to begin, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Thank you for your thoughtful Christmas gift. It filled me with so much holiday cheer!
- You must have been working with Santa’s elves—the gift you sent was perfect. Thank you, and happy holidays!
- The customized gift you sent me was so lovely. I particularly liked…
- Thank you for your generous [present]. Have a great rest of your holiday season and a happy New Year!
- Spending time with you brightened my holiday season. Thank you for hosting us, and I can’t wait to see you again at [location].
- Thank you for thinking of me this holiday season. Your present was so thoughtful, and it made my Christmas even more special.
- It was wonderful spending Christmas with your family. You have the most generous spirit!
- Thank you for the [gift], and have a holly jolly holiday season!
Spend some time reflecting on your relationship with the person receiving the card, and find ways to highlight your relationship in your thank you card.
Here are some helpful tips you’ll want to keep in mind as you’re writing your custom holiday cards:
- If you saw them over the holidays, mention something fun you did together.
- If you have plans together in the new year, mention how excited you are to see them soon.
- Reference the gift they sent you and discuss what you liked about it. For example, if it was a photo mug, write how much you love drinking coffee out of it on those cold mornings.
- Pick out a card that caters to their interests, tastes, and style.
- Choose a more formal card for a business associate, client, or colleague.
- Order your thank you cards at the same time as you order your online Christmas cards. That way, you can start working on your thank you cards right after Christmas.
A good rule of thumb is to aim to send your thank you cards within three weeks after Christmas. This way, the thank you is punctual and doesn’t feel like an afterthought.
Christmas Thank You Card Ideas
It’s always fun to send your loved ones a thank you card with a silly or festive theme. Consider sending your thank you cards with the consistent theme to your holiday cards, or you can opt for something completely different.
Here are some theme ideas to go along with your holiday cards:
- Include a family photo or photo collage.
- Keep it simple and classy.
- Use bold gradient colors.
- Include a variety of holiday-themed illustrations.
- Use a whimsical red, green, and gold font.
- Include a rustic photo border.
- Pair a monochromatic family photo and colorful font.
Once you’ve chosen your thank you card theme and written a personalized message, you’re ready to send out your cards. Order your thank you cards, place the cards in colorful envelopes, attach a personalized stamp, and send your Christmas thank you’s out to your favorite people. For an extra touch, pair it with a gift card or DIY gift.
The holiday season is a wonderful time of year where friends and family members exchange thoughtful gifts and host each other for cheerful gatherings. Sending a card is the perfect way to tell your loved ones how much you care. If you’re ready to begin creating your thank you cards, customize online Christmas thank you cards. Add your own message and photos to create cards that are completely unique to you.