Once you have children, your life changes forever. And despite all the early morning wake ups, hectic schedules, and temper tantrums, you wouldn’t have it any other way. Your child brought a whole new kind of love into your life, and you couldn’t imagine life without them. But finding the right words to describe your love for your kids isn’t always easy. That why we’ve found the following children quotes. They’re perfect for a birthday cards, additions to include in a kids gifts, or for another occasion. Just pick your favorite from those below.
As you honor your kids with these meaningful quotes, include a personalized gifts for kids they could be thankful for along side your meaningful messages. As your kids grow up, they will know start to understand all the things you did for them as parents and adults were to help them grow into the best adult possible. Honor you kids with these special children’s quotes they will cherish from kids to adults.
- Inspirational Quotes For Children
- Bible Quotes About Children
- Quotes About Loving Your Children
- Quotes About Children Growing Up
- Funny Quotes About Children
- Quotes About Teaching Children
- Famous Quotes About Children
The following encouraging quotes for kids aren’t just great advice, they also look great on the dedication page of a personalized story book.
- “Children are not things to be molded, but are people to be unfolded.” – Jess Lair
- “A child is a beam of sunlight from the Infinite and Eternal, with possibilities of virtue and vice, but as yet unstained.” – Lyman Abbott
- “Children are our most valuable resource.” – Herbert Hoover
- “Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Children see magic because they look for it.” – Christopher Moore
- “Old men can make war, but it is children who will make history.” – Ray Merritt
- “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The soul is healed by being with children.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
There’s plenty of advice and messages about children throughout the passages within the Bible. Keep their faith strong by creating personalized canvas prints that they will see everyday. Here’s a few, picked out just for you:
- “Children are a gift from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.” – Psalms 127:3
- “And He took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.” – Mark 10:16
- “Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him.” – Psalms 127:3
- “Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.” – Proverbs 17:6
- “Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
These quotes about loving your children are great reminders of all the opportunities you have to give some affection to your little ones. They also go great with one of our personalized kids gifts.
- “Every child you encounter is a divine appointment.” – Wess Stafford
- “Children are like wet cement: whatever falls on them makes an impression.” – Haim Ginott
- “Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “You have to love your children unselfishly. That is hard. But it is the only way.” – Barbara Bush
- “Children make your life important.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Hugs can do great amounts of good, especially for children.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
- “The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day.” – Orlando Aloysius Battista
- “Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they’re already asleep.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Children are not casual guests in our home. They have been loaned to us temporarily for the purpose of loving them and instilling a foundation of values on which their future lives will be built.” – James Dobson
Kids grow up before a blink of the eye. And all the advice, care, and attention you give them during that time greatly affects who they grow up to be. Let your kids look back on their childhood with personalized photo books to cherish with a personalized quote just for them. That’s exactly what the following quotes are all about:
- “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.” – James Baldwin
- “The potential possibilities of any child are the most intriguing and stimulating in all creation.” – Ray L. Wilbur
- “The best way to make children good is to make them happy.” – Oscar Wilde
- “When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments – tenderness for what he is and respect for what he may become.” – Louis Pasteur
- “The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.” – Denis Waitley
- “At every step the child should be allowed to meet the real experience of life; the thorns should never be plucked from his roses.” – Ellen Key
When life feels especially chaotic and the kids are driving you crazy, these quotes can help you see the funny side of things. Keep them well active with a brain stimulated with a personalized jigsaw puzzle that features pictures of your kids as well as funny quotes they will love to see. Just remember, a little humor makes everything easier to deal with.
- “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” – Franklin P. Jones
- “Children seldom misquote. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn’t have said.” – Unknown
- “A child is a curly dimpled lunatic.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Children are a great comfort to us in our old age, and they help us reach it faster too.” – Unknown
- “I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.” – Harry S. Truman
- “Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing.” – Phyllis Diller
Quotes about teaching children emphasize how important your child’s education is. It’s what helps them grow up and adapt to the ever changing world we live in. Looking for some specific advice? Get started with the quotes below and include these meaningful quotes to any wall art in your kids rooms.
- “Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.” – Lady Bird Johnson
- “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” – Margaret Mead
- “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” – Charles R. Swindoll
- “Children need models rather than critics.” – Joseph Joubert
- “Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate.” – Anonymous
- “While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.” – Angela Schwindt
- “Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.” – Fred Rogers
- “Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards – the things we live by and teach our children – are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings.” – Walt Disney
The famous quotes about children shown below were shared by some of the most prominent voices in recent history. Just pick your favorite from those below or use them to inspire a special message all your own.
- “There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” – Albert Einstein
- “I continue to believe that if children are given the necessary tools to succeed, they will succeed beyond their wildest dreams.” – David Vitter
- “It’s not about what you tell your children, but how you show them how to live life.” – Jada Pinkett Smith
- “If the day ever came when we were able to accept ourselves and our children exactly as we and they are, then, I believe, we would have come very close to an ultimate understanding of what ‘good’ parenting means.” – Fred Rogers
Resources Related To Children Quotes
If you liked this resource on Children quotes but you’re looking for additional related content, make sure to visit the following similar resources: