Perfect for your own home or office and equally cherished as creative photo gifts, photo calendars are high quality with your favorite photos printed in vibrant, rich colors and a smooth matte finish. What’s more, they’re incredibly simple to design using our online tools. If you’re ready to create a custom wall calendar but aren’t sure where to start, simply follow the six easy steps below.
2023 Calendar Maker
Create your own custom photo calendars
How To Make A Calendar OnlineJust like photo books and canvas prints, it couldn’t be easier to transform your favorite photos into a personalized calendar. What’s more, there are endless options for personalization. Use Shuttefly’s online calendar maker to easily design your own calendar style and layouts that incorporate your favorite photos. You can create a wall calendar for nearly any theme, whether you’ll be using it at home, in the office, or sending it as a gift. Below, follow these six easy steps to creating your own custom printed wall calendars:
1. Choose Your Theme and LayoutFrom colorful to classic, whimsical to watercolor and everything in between, there are so many design styles to choose from when making your photo wall calendars. If you’re a fan of the rustic farmhouse style, there’s a calendar to match. If your style is more clean and classic, don’t worry, we’ve got a layout that you’ll love, too. From elegant script layouts to paw-some designs just for your four-legged friends, choose from dozens of pre-designed layouts that will help tell a story and bring your best photos to life. With each style, you can include unique backgrounds, page layouts, add-ons, and embellishments to go with the theme.
2. Choose Your Size And MonthWall calendars are available in two custom sizes—8.5×11 and 12×12. If you’re looking for something smaller, you may want to consider a desk calendar or an easel calendar. Next, choose the month you want your calendar to start. This is such a great feature! You no longer have to “waste” months if you’re not creating your calendar at the beginning of the year. Now you can start your 12 months in any month you choose.
3. Upload Your PhotosWhether your photos exist on your phone, on your computer, or on social media, it’s easy to upload all of your photos with just a couple of clicks. Simply link your social media accounts to your Shutterfly account and utilize the photos you’ve uploaded on your social media accounts to your custom calendars. Once your photos are uploaded, you’ll be able to drag and drop them right into the calendar template you choose.
4. Choose Your BackgroundIf you’re not happy with your calendar’s background, simply change it! With just a click, you can choose from any number of background designs and colors—or no background at all—until you find the perfect one. Each theme has several backgrounds built-in, but you also have easy access to thousands of additional backgrounds to create the perfect look.
5. Choose Your EmbellishmentsEach theme has its own unique set of embellishments—from illustrated stickers that match the theme to stickers for important dates like birthdays and anniversaries. You can add visual interest to your photos with ribbons, flourishes, and decorative frames.
6. Add Extras And CustomizeOnce you’ve got your calendar designed exactly how you want it, add it to your cart and you’ll have an option to add extras. If your calendar is a photo gift, you may want to add a stylish gift sleeve to present it in. Or, add a sheet of over 200 planning stickers to help track important dates like birthdays, anniversaries, travel dates, and more.
Wall Calendar SizesWhen creating your photo wall calendars, there are a couple of sizes available to you. Which calendar size you choose is largely a matter of preference, but here are a couple of things to consider:
12×12Large custom wall calendars are 12×12, meaning they’re an impressive 24 inches tall when hanging on the wall. This makes an eye-catching display for your photos and provides plenty of room for you to write notes on the calendar portion. Consider your hanging options and be sure you’ve got the wall space to accommodate a calendar of this size.
8×11If you’re limited on wall space, 8.5×11 calendars are just the answer. Still, a notable 17-inch tall wall display when hung up, it will beautifully showcase your photos and remind you of all your important dates. If you plan to design a calendar with horizontal full-page photos, this is an option for you, since it will beautifully fill the space from top to bottom.
How To Personalize Your CalendarWhether your calendar will be part of your home decor or you’re creating a calendar to give as a photo gift, it’ll always be more meaningful if you personalize it. With over 50 professionally-designed themes and endless options to customize them, you can create a calendar that’s as individual as you are.
Consider using special occasions or meaningful themes to customize your calendar. Check out some of our personalized calendar printing ideas below to get started.