Standard Photo Print SizesShutterfly’s standard photo print sizes offer options you can frame for wall decor or tabletop decor or choose to keep unframed for your wallet, photo box, scrapbook, or photo album. The 13 standard sizes offer both square and rectangular dimensions to meet your needs. Instead of struggling to find photo printing nearby, you can order your photos directly from your phone or laptop and have them sent to your doorstep in a timely manner. Shutterfly’s full list of standard photo print sizes includes:
- Wallet (4)
4×6: 4×6 prints measure approximately 4” x 5 ⅞”. This is the standard size in the photofinishing industry because this print size mirrors the aspect ratio of most digital cameras viewfinder. 4×6 prints are perfect for framed photos, cards and for a physical backup of any of your favorite digital images.
5×7: A slightly larger format than standard 4×6 images, 5×7 prints have a higher aspect ratio than 4×6 prints, so cropping your image to your personal specifications is important! Luckily, Shutterfly offers cropping options online, so you have full control of the frame of the image you’re printing.
8×10: An 8×10 image is the largest print size available before getting into large-scale printing such as posters, panoramas, square images or custom gifts like canvases or large format prints. 8×10 images make a great gift because they require no additional matting to fill up a frame.
Square Photo Print SizesSmall photos are perfect for decorating because they add texture and depth to your photo wall display. Square photos offer the option to print photos off of social media, and also as a hack to creating Polaroid-style images without the need for a special camera. You’ll have luck finding these sizes in a print shop, as well as corresponding framed prints. Shutterfly offers these square photo print sizes:
Large Photo Print SizesLarge photo prints are great for making a statement with your wall decor or creating a beautiful centerpiece for a gallery wall. Shutterfly’s large-format prints offer rectangular sizes that you can use for either portrait or landscape photos. With large prints like premium posters or other large wall art, you can turn high-definition photos into home decor without sacrificing quality. Your favorite photos will look beautiful, and you’ll be able to relive your memories with high-quality prints. Choose from these large photo print sizes from Shutterfly:
Pro Tip: Get your print made slightly smaller than your frame of choice, and add a matted insert between your image and the frame! This will add a small white border to your image and allows your custom print to fit inside a standard frame. We offer a matted option for all prints, but matted options can also be found at any photo print center as well.
Panoramic Print SizesIf you have a non-traditional image you’re looking to print, we offer panoramic prints in both landscape and portrait orientations. The panoramic print will let you fully immerse in your photo, whether it’s a landscape picture or a large family photo. With wider panoramic prints, you won’t have to sacrifice quality to successfully print more wide-angle pictures. You can choose from a variety of backgrounds and layouts to print your most unique images sizes such as:
Other Types of PrintsLooking for something a little different for your printing needs? If so, consider these alternative printed options:
Collage vs. premium poster prints: Posters make excellent displaying options when you either want to showcase a large number of photos, or you want your photos printed larger-than-life. Posters are printed on archival quality photo paper and can be finished with a matte or glossy coating.
Art Prints: Art prints are printed on our acid-free archival paper and include plenty of additional add-ons. Feature a matte finish with our signature cardstock for a high-quality look and feel. Upgrade to metallic prints for a special touch, or add on a frame. Prints come in sizes 5×17 through 16×20.
What is a Photo Print?A photo print is a physical copy of an image printed on photo quality paper. Our high-quality photos preserve your crystal-clear images on Fuji Crystal Archive paper, making sure your memories last. Photo prints can come in a variety of sizes and printing options, and they can be ordered for delivery or pickup. For additional information on how to create photo prints, jump to the sections below.
How to Order High-Quality PrintsReady to start an order for photo printing but not sure how to begin? We’re here to help. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to create professional-quality pictures perfect for your home.
1. Upload Your PhotosFirst things first, you’ll need to upload all the photos you’d like to print to your Shutterfly account. Don’t worry if you have hundreds, or even thousands, because we guarantee unlimited secure photo storage for as long as you have an account.
2. Edit Your PhotosIt’s a good idea to make any major edits to your photos before adding them to your project. This will help you avoid headaches later on. However, while ordering prints you can still rotate, resize, crop, and add classic black and white borders to your photos with our photo editing software.
3. Choose an Image Size, Type, and/or LayoutOnce you’re ready, it’s time to choose your art print, collage poster, or another print size. You’ll also want to carefully select a layout that matches your intended style.
After you’ve chosen your layout, start adding your photos to the project and dragging them into their corresponding photo boxes. Note that all our prints are printed on Fuji Crystal Archive professional-grade paper for brighter colors and sharper whites.
4. Add-OnsOnce you’ve added all your photos, it’s time to plan out any additional add-ons. Add dates, names, and other key information with free backprinting. Or choose from glossy or a signature matte finish. Add-ons can be found in the left-hand tab within your project.
5. Review and OrderTake time to review your picture prints for any mistakes. Check for typos, image-quality and image resolution, red-eye, resizing, or incorrect cropping. If it’s all good to go, it’s time to add your prints to your cart. You can then select your preferred shipping method and order size. And if you need 4×6 inch glossy prints fast, look for the 1-hour pick-up link on your Review Order page.
Resources Related to Photo PrintingNo matter what image you’re looking to bring to life, we offer a custom option perfect for you. Between comprehensive print sizing, custom photo gifts, matting and framing, and non-traditional printing options, the only limit is your imagination! Browse our print options to get started.