A Confirmation ceremony is an important rite for many as they start their spiritual journey. And whether you’re the parent a child about to experience Confirmation, a relative, or even someone who has recently decided to confirm their faith– it’s important to recognize the significance of the event. That’s exactly was the following confirmation quotes will help you do. The quotes below are perfect for confirmation cards, invites, social media posts, and whatever else you need to help usher in a new chapter of faith.
- What is Confirmation In The Bible?
- Confirmation Bible Verses
- Short Confirmation Quotes
- Confirmation Invitation Quotes
- Other Confirmation Scriptures
Christian confirmation, as it is practiced today, is a ceremony and rite of passage where someone strengthens their relationship with God and fully becomes an active member of Christianity. The person must first be baptized, and old enough to understand their commitment, in order to receive the sacrament and gift of the Holy Spirit. The sacrament is delivered by a bishop and typically includes readings of bible passages.
- “God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good.” – Genesis 1:31
- “From there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find him if you search with all your heart and soul.” – Deuteronomy 4:29
- “Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”– Joshua 1:9
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” – Psalm 27:1
- “O taste and see that the Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in him.” – Psalm 34:8
- “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-30
- “Truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.” – Matthew 17:20
- “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.” – Matthew 22:37
- “If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” – John 8:31-32
- “Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God—not the result of works, so that no one may boast.” – Ephesians 2:8-9
- “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you.” – Ephesians 4:32
- “If we confess our sins, he who is faithful and just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” – 1 John 1:9
- “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear; for fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love.” – 1 John 4:18
These confirmation quotes are short and sweet, but they say all they need to. These are perfect to include on anything from an invitation, short text, or even on a custom wall cross.
- “We love because he first loved us.” – 1 John 4:19
- “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.” – Psalm 23:1
- “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
- “Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.” – Revelation 2:10
- “You did not choose me but I chose you.” – John 15:16
- “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.” – Psalm 37:5
- “The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to keep still.” – Exodus 14:14
- “And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” – Matthew 28:20
- “Revere the Lord, and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness.” – Joshua 24:14
If you’re creating confirmation invitations and need help finding the right quote to include, we have you covered. Read the bible verses and quotes below to find the perfect sentiment.
- “Choose this day whom you will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” – Joshua 24:15
- “For once you were darkness, but now in the Lord you are light. Live as children of light.” – Ephesians 5:8
- “When we receive him in our hearts, Christ makes himself present and takes shape in our lives.” – Pope Francis
- “I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; that I know very well.” – Psalm 139:14
- “And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.” – 1 Corinthians 13:13
- “It is He who prays, forgives, infuses hope, serves the brothers most in need, creates communion and seeds peace in our lives. It is He who does that!” – Pope Francis
- “Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.” – 1 John 4:7
- “It strengthens our relationship with the Church and it gives us a special strength from the Holy Spirit to defend the faith and confess the name of Christ.” – Pope Francis
- “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me.” – Psalm 51:10
- “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.” – Isaiah 43:1
Looking for longer passages or scriptures that are popularly used within Confirmation rites? We’ve included two common passages below, just for you. Whether you use them in a card or commemorative religious gift– the giftee is sure to appreciate it.
Sacrament Of Confirmation Quotes
“And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him: the spirit of wisdom, and of understanding, the spirit of counsel, and of fortitude, the spirit of knowledge, and of godliness. And he shall be filled with the spirit of the fear of the Lord.” – Isaiah 11:2–3
Catechism of the Catholic Church
All-powerful God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
by water and the Holy Spirit
you freed your sons and daughters from sin
and gave them new life.
Send your Holy Spirit upon them
to be their helper and guide.
Give them the spirit of wisdom and understanding,
the spirit of right judgment and courage,
the spirit of knowledge and reverence.
Fill them with the spirit of wonder and awe in your presence.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.
Resources Related to Confirmation Quotes
If you liked this guide on confirmation quotes and you’re looking for more inspiration, make sure to visit our related resource on confirmation card messages.