When you take the time to design your own birthday party invitation, you’re creating a piece of art that will be saved and valued as a memento. Whether you are planning your little one’s birthday bash, your buddy’s surprise party, or your own soiree, we’re here to help you find the best birthday quotes to add to your invitations so that they uniquely describe you or your guest of honor. Once you get the basic format of a birthday invitation and collect all the relevant information, gather some inspiration with our birthday quotes and sayings below to start experimenting with fun and creative writing for your custom invitation cards.
- How To Make Birthday Party Invitations
- Quotes For 1st Birthday Invitations
- Quotes For Kids Birthday Invitations
- Quotes For Adult Birthday Invitations
- Quotes For Virtual Birthday Invitations
- Quotes For Surprise Birthday Invitations
How To Make Birthday Party Invitations
A unique custom birthday invitation will set the tone for your entire event. Below, we’ll show you how to create personalized birthday invitations your friends and family will love! Our selection of layouts has been designed to suit every type of birthday celebration – from a family gathering to a virtual party or weekend getaway. Make sure to also check out our Party Invitation Wording Guidelines before popping them into the mail!
1. Pick The Right Theme
We offer a stunning selection of pre-made themes and birthday invitation templates designed to express a range of aesthetic moods.
With anything from unicorn-themed invitations to beer tasting themed cards, to surprise parties, and everything in between, we have the perfect birthday party invitation for every birthday theme. Choose one that speaks to you, and then enjoy the exhilaration of customizing it to make it your own.
2. Decide On Your Image
However you want to incorporate images into your invitation, rest assured Shutterfly makes it possible. Upload or search for the perfect photo to complement your text, and then change, crop, zoom, or collage it to create an eye-catching birthday invitation.
3. Design Your Words
It’s not just what you say, it’s also how you say it! With Shutterfly, it’s easy to personalize your party invitations. The design assistant will help you custom select everything from the font colors and sizes to the paper style. You can easily play around with your messaging, colors, and other design elements so that you can express the feeling behind your words.
4. Time To Share
After you design your custom birthday invitations, you’ll be able to order them in bulk and release them out into the world to spread the word about your event! Don’t forget to make the birthday party thank you cards while you’re at it, to make thanking your lovely guests that much easier.
Quotes For 1st Birthday Invitations
The first year of your baby is a major milestone. It completes one year of learning for you and reflects your success as a parent. Naturally, you want to celebrate your success with your family and friends. And topping the to-do list of party-planning is the 1st birthday invitations. You need to make them look and read unique, right? We’ve compiled a list of birthday quotes for your baby’s 1st birthday invitation – feel free to use them as they are or personalize them.
- “A little cake, a lot of fun, and a sweet little host who’s turning 1!”
- “It’s been a very exciting year full of joy, love, and fun. We hope you’ll celebrate with us as our little girl turns one!”
- “Let’s toast to a year of sleepless nights an immeasurable joy!”
- “One blessed year ago, we received the greatest gift we’ve ever known.”
- “Sure we’re tired but we are ready to celebrate!”
- “First bunny teeth, first baby steps, he’s already walking. Our little prince is growing by leaps and bounds. There is one more first to celebrate, yippee! Come join us for our baby’s first birthday celebration and have some fun!”
- “Giggles and goos. Tickles and coos. On this day we celebrate the birth of our baby and we just can’t wait.”
- “Join us to celebrate the big ONE!”
- “Our life is blessed in so many ways. This amazing child has graced our days. With unconditional love and joy, we celebrate our baby boy.”
- “Come to my party and see my first cake. Oh, what a wonderful mess I will make! My first birthday party will be really fun if you will all join me as I turn ONE!”
- “I’m learning to walk, and I can’t wait to run. I’m full of smiles and laughter, and I’m almost one!”
- “Our little cupcake is turning one. Come and join us for the birthday fun!”
Quotes For Kids Birthday Invitations
Celebrating your little one turning another year older is a big event. You’d like to send out some sweet invitations to mark the occasion, but what do you write on the cards? We’ve put together this collection of adorable kid’s birthday party invitation quotes to help get your creative juices flowing. With our Birthday Invitation Wording For Kids Guide, you’ll find cute and charming phrases that will make it even more fun to throw a festive birthday bash for your kiddo.
- “Birthdays are ordinary days sprinkled with stardust.”
- “A day full of dances and songs, of cakes and candies, fun and just fun. Be a part of the celebration!”
- “Truck on over or grab a cab. There’s plenty of fun to be had! Fly a plane or catch a train. This party is sure to entertain!”
- “We’re blowing up balloons and icing the cake! There’s a big birthday party that we hope you can make! We’re not clowning around so circle the date, it’s gonna be great!”
- “All the years are special, all the days are great. And on (date) you’re invited to help us celebrate the cherished moments, the fun and laughs, the past, the present, the future bash! It takes a village, as they say, and we’d love to have you here on (Name)’s special day”
- “Toot the Horn! Bang the drum! It’s a Birthday Party and we want you to come!”
- “Let’s go on an adventure, shake hands with the moon, hug the stars, and make some noise.”
- “Someone is in for one lucky year. Join us for a lucky number 7 birthday celebration for (Name).”
- “Come help us celebrate her regal FIVE-ness: A certain princess is celebrating a 5th birthday this week.”
- “It’s time to splash. Time to play. Come and celebrate my 5th birthday!”
- “Up, up, and away! It’s time to party and play! (Name)’s turning 8, Will you help us celebrate?”
Quotes For Adult Birthday Invitations
Everyone deserves a birthday party no matter the age. Start off your fun-filled adult party with one of our personalized adult birthday invitations. Stuck on what to say to make for a memorable invitation? We are here to help. Listed below are birthday sayings and quotes to help you come up with the exact phrase you want to use.
- “Whatever with the past has gone, the best is always yet to come.”
- “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
- “The more candles, the bigger the wish!”
- “Friendships are one of the few things that improve with age.”
- “Cake makes another birthday easier to swallow.”
- “Sip, sip, hurray — it’s finally my 21st birthday!”
- “Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years.”
- “Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.”
- “Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.”
- “My 21st birthday is finally here, and gifts are 100% accepted — Tylenol, Gatorade, and Advil requested.”
- “A reason to celebrate, a reason to dine. A reason to enjoy good company and wine.”
- “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake.”
- “The years just flew and before she knew it, she’s 5 decades old and accustomed to it!”
- “I’m turning 21 and doing it right — come out and help me remember any important details of the night!”
- “I’m aging like a fine glass of wine (and plan on drinking plenty of ’em).”
- “Friendships, wine & (Name) improves with time!”
- “Put on your tie. Slip on your dress. It’s (Name)’s Birthday, so let’s dress to impress!”
Quotes For Virtual Birthday Invitations
Postponed events due to these times? Keep the birthday celebrations flowing with a virtual party. Chat and check in with loved ones, coworkers, and friends online while maintaining safety and fun. Our virtual party invitations quotes cover any and all of your social distancing needs.
- “When in doubt, Zoom it out.”
- “A toast to health, happiness, and making it through this year together.”
- “Nothing can rain on my parade! Join me in celebrating another year with a quarantini.”
- “The best wine is the one you drink virtually with friends.”
- “I enjoy long, romantic Zoom sessions with my BFFs.”
- “A little distance never comes between us and our happy hours.”
- “It’s my birthday and I’ll host a digital party if I want to! Looking forward to the retro chat room energy, stop by and say hi!”
- “Quarantines are better with friends! Join me in a brunch from bed online during these strange times.”
- “Let’s (virtually) hang! Girls just wanna have fun (and by “fun,” we mean rosé). I miss you guys, so let’s throw it back and hang out online!”
- “BYO cake!”
Quotes For Surprise Birthday Invitations
If you’re spearheading the mission impossible of throwing a surprise birthday party, you’ll have to keep all invitation wording under lock and key. To prevent your friends from spilling the beans, try sending invitations with these fun hints.
- “Your lips better be sealed: We’re hosting a surprise 40th birthday party for (Name).”
- “Classified information: Join us for a surprise party for (Name)’s 60th!”
- “Gather together, co-conspirators: Our mission is to keep (Name)’s 25th’s surprise party under wraps.”
- “Psst … It’s a secret! Now, how do you say “Happy birthday!” in morse code?”
- “Shhh… it’s a cloak and dagger affair: Join us for a surprise party for (Name)’s 35th birthday bash.”
When we celebrate birthdays, we know it’s a way of pushing the “pause” button so we can share in the sheer happiness of living. Each person’s life is a story, and a personalized birthday invitation will capture one frame of that story to preserve and share among your network of loved ones. If you’re looking for some gift ideas or a trendy new purchase, be sure to check out our personalized photo gifts so that you can turn those memories into forever.
Also of interest: